Monday, May 18, 2009

Breathtakingly Gorgeous by xoxluurve

Breathtakingly Gorgeous by xoxluurve reviews

Summary Provided by the Author:
“I'm already in love with someone,” I said. “And who is this supposed moron,” he muttered darkly. I turned and looked at him. Oh God, here goes the last shred of dignity I own. I took a deep breath. “You.”

W. S.'s Reviewing:
It's short. It's sweet. And it's breathtakingly gorgeous. Although it's a short story, a one-shot/chapter, "Breathtakingly Gorgeous" portrays so much in life. Fate: Kaia and Ryan's constant encounters, Friendship: Courtney's lectures and matchmaking skills, and Honesty: the double confessions that takes even in the very short time during the typical teen-age party. Can a jerk really be prince charming for the sarcastic and smart Kaia? And can Ryan finally tell his feelings since seventh grade to the girl who "hates" him? I sometimes (as in every time I re-read this) wish this wasn't a short story, but was a long, epic novel. But then, I realize how perfectly formed this is just BECAUSE it's short and sweet. I think it would have just been another pick-me-up chick-lit that's cliched if it weren't so. It pin points the most important event in the invisible plot. "Breathtakingly Gorgeous" proves that short romances can be just as gorgeous as the longer ones.

1 comment:

mina_in_a_nutshell said...

He's confessing but he still manages to be a huge jackass at the same time. It's probably his gift.

i loved this!

♥♥♥Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones